Monday, June 4, 2012

Carpet Gaming

The third Goblin/Skaven game tonight with Prof. Elf.  3600 points a side.  Played on the floor - just wasn't into setting up a table today.  Had a magic heavy force with two Level II Plague Priests, the Grey Seer and a Vermin Lord.   They didn't really do much.  The game itself swung nicely back and forth between the Goblins and the Rats.  At the end of Turn two I thought my Skaven were done.  But they pulled through.  The double punch of the Hell Pit Abomination and The Vermin Lord were pretty impressive, although I normally don't like to stake so much on big creatures and expensive characters.

I took very few pictures tonight.  Forgot about it mostly.  Actually, forgot alot of things tonight.  Like my shooting.  I gave my three 40 strong blocks of Skavenslaves slings and I never used them.  Oh well, it didn't matter much.  The battle was decided by the Vermin Lord and the Hell Pit Abomination breaking the Goblin General's unit.




The Hell Pit Abomination!  I rescued this guy from a box of toys that The Kid was going to pass on.  I then gave him a base and a splash of ink, and ta-da-daaa...instant Hell Pit Abomination!


The rules Prof. Elf and I used were our usual mix of mostly 7th Edition with the best bits of 8th Ed., such as, Thunder Stomp, the Horde and Steadfast rules, Quick to Fire, Supporting attacks, and two rank missile fire.  
We find it works very well and gives a great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment