Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A tentative hop onto the 15mm Sci-fi grav-wagon

For the past 18 months or so I have been resisting the plunge into 15mm Sci-fi.  Oh, but it has been hard!  I love looking at all the new (and old) 15mm toys.  And I drool.  And dream.  But I bushido-it knowing that the joys of new miniature binging and whim buying are a thing of the past (and perhaps hopefully a thing of the far-off future).   However, this has its advantages.  The biggest one being I'm forced to paint what I already own.  So when I was painting up some of my Peter Pig Ak 47 helmeted infantry as 70's Soviet Motor Troops, I thought, wait a minute, these could also be Sci-fi Neo-Soviets!  (I have a thing for all things Soviet.)   What a revelation!  Next I rummage through the garage and Huzzah!, I find my crazy Matchbox vehicles that I love but have always wondered what to do with them.  Now I know!  Phase One of 15mm Sci-Fi has begun!  Stargrunt II here we go again!


3 comments:

  1. Can I ask you a thing?

    What's the EXACT NAME of the Matchbox 6-wheeler in the background?

    I keep looking for it but without the exact name it's very hard to locate it!

    Please, can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I have the Matchbox 6-Wheeler in my hand right now, it is called, "Battering Ram". Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. can u teach me how to modify n paint the vehicle at the back?it id

    ReplyDelete