Tuesday, November 22, 2011

9000 point Warhammer Fantasy

After our last warhammer mash-up, Prof. Elf and I decided that the next game would continue the Lizardmen vs. Vampire Counts conflict but at 4000 points a side.  This was later raised to 4500 because Prof. Elf wanted a Vampire on a Zombie Dragon, and I had just scratch-made an Old Blood on a Carnosaur and an Ancient Stegadon.   So, somewhere in distant Lustria...


Besides being the first game for the Ancient Stegadon and the Old Blood on a Carnosaur, it was also the inaugural game on the new 6 by 4 foot board my sweet wife bought me. 


The situation at the beginning of turn 3:



My always reliable Skinks with blowpipes and poisoned darts...


I used two Slann Magepriests and my magic phases were next to non-existent!  Very disappointing.  My only moment of magical possibility came about when I positioned my solo Slann in a perfect spot to cast Cleansing Flare on every VC unit that mattered, and he did it!!  But then, my ever-so-beardy playmate pulled out another one of his poxy Dispell Scrolls.   AHHHH.  With a sigh of resignation my Slann allowed himself to be charged by the Vampire on the Zombie Dragon.    Thankfully, Prof. Elf had to be home  by midnite, so we called it a game and called it a victory for the Vampire Counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment